This article explains how to download all needed files for supported Technexion boards through the emteria installer and how to install emteria.OS through Universal Update Utility (uuu).
Note: Currently, supported boards are the EDM-G-IMX8M-PLUS and the PICO-IMX8M-MINI.
- Set up the Universal Update Utility (uuu).
- Set up your device in Serial Download Mode.
For the edm-g-imx8mp keep the button next to the GPIO header pressed while booting, see left image.
For the pico-imx8mm set the jumpers according to the right image.
- Select your desired board and download the images with the emteria installer.
- Unzip all downloaded files into a single folder.
- Open a shell on Linux or a PowerShell with admin rights and go into the folder from step 4.
- Execute the uuu flash script.
– PICO-IMX8M-MINI (Windows):
.\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -e -D– PICO-IMX8M-MINI (Linux):
sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8mm -e -D– EDM-G-IMX8M-PLUS (Windows):
.\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mp -e -D– EDM-G-IMX8M-PLUS (Linux):
sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8mp -e -D
- Power down the board.
E.g. unplug the power connection.
- Set the device back to boot from emmc mode.
For the EDM-G-IMX8M-PLUS just power it up again.
For the PICO-IMX8M-MINI set the jumpers as seen in the image below.
- Boot up the device and enjoy emteria.OS.