How to enable MDM
To be able to connect your device with the emteria Device Hub, the option has to be enabled on the device first. There are two options to activate it.
Option 1: Use Device Provisioning
The MDM option can be automatically turned on during device provisioning after the first boot of a device. For more information about setting up MDM via device provisioning, read the System connectivity section in the Device provisioning article.
Option 2: Enable it on your device
Follow the steps below and enable MDM on your device via the Emteria Settings application.
- On your device open the Settings app in the App drawer.
- Scroll down to Emteria Settings.
- Navigate to Device management settings.
- Toggle to enable MDM service.
Where can you find the overview of devices with activated MDM
- First, make sure your cloud subscription is activated.
Follow our tutorial on how to add a subscription to the device group.
- If this is already the case, go to your Device Hub and navigate to Devices > Management.
- Here you will find an overview of all your emteria devices that are activated for the MDM.
- Click on the Edit button to open the main MDM page for the corresponding device.
- If you do not see all of your groups or your devices are not in the expected groups, you may need to reload your device groups. Use the Reload button in the Profile menu at the top right of the page.
Read our introduction to the device overview.