After creating your Private Repository and the initial installation of your application the question of updating your app quickly arises. With your Device Hub it is a matter of seconds for one device or a whole group of devices to be updated.
This guide shows you step-by-step how to achieve an app update in the field or your lab.
Note: In order for this command to be successfully executed, MDM has to be enabled on the device, the device has to be online, and the device group needs premium services attached to it.
- Access the private repository you have created
- Upload the new version of your application in the repo folder.
The reference to your app in the root folder will update shortly after your upload.
Note: The link in the root folder consists of the package name and is valid for updated applications. This allows the link to be used in group policies and to update apps automatically after updating the application in the private repository.
- Navigate to the MDM overview.
Log into your Device Hub > Management > Devices.
Or, click here.
- Select the device or the device group where you want to update your app.
- Navigate to the Commands tab.
- Click Add.
- In the opened window navigate to the Commands tab and select the command type Install package from the drop-down list.
- Enter the download URL of your new app version.
- Enter the Application package and the Version code.
Note: If you are unsure about these values, you can find the Tools button in the bottom right. There you can choose your app and all app information is extracted from it, amongst others the package and version.
Read the following tutorial for a quick explanation on how to extract the necessary information.
- After filling in the fields click on Create to perform the update of your app.
Note: The download and installation of your application can take a few minutes on your device, depending on the size of your app and available bandwidth.